Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Calm Before....

After weeks of giddy excitement and anxiety, in 48 hours, I'll be eating dinner at Secret Stash. Oddly, I feel a serenity that I haven't felt since I first got the news of this trip. I'm keeping myself busy with work, really busy, I'm packed, my exercise (if not weight) goals are met, I'm helping my daughter study for Chemistry, I'm playing ping pong with the boy....and I'm not obsessively looking at ski videos. This is partly due to the fact that most videos are powder vids, and it hasn't snowed in days and won't for days. In 31 hours, I'll be heading to the airport for a long day of travel before I see the Butte of my dreams. I've started my Diamox for altitude acclimatization, and I'm pretty much chiller than I have been in recent memory. Gonna go iron a shirt or two so I don't look like a slob at Elk Prime or the Sunflower. Maybe pack my toiletries, then get some sleep. Busy day at work tomorrow. My brother starts his drive from Dallas to Salida at 9 am tomorrow. Jealous. But I have a full day of work, tomorrow.....rest.....Ommmmmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment